3 Pieces of Great News for AMZ Sellers regarding Fair Market Pricing Violations
Amazon’s fair market pricing violation/price gouging suspensions. I have 3 pieces of great news for you…
One, overall, the number of fair market pricing suspensions have dropped dramatically. Practically, all of them are 72-hour notices where Amazon is not immediately shutting you down. Also, the number of new cases that are being brought by state attorney generals are also on the decline. So that is the first piece of great news, declining numbers of these cases.
The second piece of great news. We are winning these cases practically every day. We are getting sellers reinstated, getting their accounts back, getting their listings back after you’ve been accused of fair market pricing violations. We figured out arguments that work. We are also settling cases with state attorney generals. So that is the second piece of great news, that if you get dinged with a fair market pricing violation, price gouging, we are winning these cases practically every single day of the week.
The third piece of great news. If you receive a fair market pricing violation, the 72-hour notice, because most of you are not getting suspended anymore because of this, you’re getting a 72-hour notice, there’s a couple of things you need to know. Before you write anything to Amazon, you need to review your state law on price gouging. Then when you write your plan of action, you have to make sure you’re not admitting to any criminal liability. You have to assume that Amazon’s going to turn over not just your data regarding your sales, but also your plan of action to your state attorney general. Also, keep an eye on your repricing software or any vendors that are managing your account.
For more information on fair market pricing suspensions:
- Plan of Action for Price Gouging / Fair Market Policy Violation & Private Label Brand Protection
- 5 Things Amazon Sellers MUST KNOW about Amazon’s Fair Market Pricing Policy
- Amazon’s NEW Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy – Manually Changing Pricing to Avoid Suspensions
- Amazon returns at Kohls, Fair pricing policy violations, Intellectual property rights complaints.
- Amazon Fair Market Pricing Suspensions – 72 Hour Notices – How to Write Winning Plans of Action